How to Choose a Roofer in Edmonton
Do you have an old roof in Edmonton that needs repair or replacement? Fixing or replacing a roof on your home is a significant investment. You want to be confident that the job gets completed the first time correctly. To get this project done, you will need to carefully select a trusted roofing contractor to complete the work for you. There are a lot of residential roofing companies in Edmonton; because of this, finding a roofing contractor is the easy part. The challenging part is finding one that provides you with confidence that they will provide exceptional work.
Dwight’s Roofing has over 30 years of experience installing and fixing residential Roofing in Edmonton. We believe that customers should have the tools available to make informed decisions when choosing which roofing contractor to use. We have put together a guide on how to choose the best roofing company for your project.
6 Key Aspects of a Trustworthy Roofing Company
- Locally Owned & Operated: Make sure that the roofer you hire has a physical location in Edmonton. A well-established business will have a physical location that you could visit if need be. The roofing industry, unfortunately, has many pop-up seasonal companies that vanish as quickly as they arrived, leaving you in their dust with no warranty.
- Proper Licensing: When you contact a roofing company, make sure that they are appropriately licensed. If they cannot provide this information, do not use them. Each province will have regional standards by which a roofing company will need to operate. The license will ensure that the roofer is familiar with building codes in Edmonton and ensures that your finished roof will comply with all building requirements.
- Reputation: Do not just take a roofer’s word for it that they will do a good job. Make sure to put some time aside to check reviews online for the roofers you would like to contact for your project. Companies have little to no control over what people say about them online, so if a company’s reputation and reviews are trustworthy, you can have confidence that you will have a pleasant experience. The two most common places to look are Google reviews and the Better Business Bureau.
- Proper Insurance Coverage: You must ask your roofer for proof or insurance. If something were to go wrong, such as an injury on the Jobsite or damage to your home, you could be held liable if the roofer does not have proper insurance. All trustworthy roofing companies should have both general liability insurance and worker’s compensation. Always check with your roofer to ensure they have adequate coverage.
- Secure a Written Quote: Do not settle for vague ‘guesstimates’ for how much the project will cost you. A reputable roofing company will provide you with a detailed breakdown of the project and the final estimated cost. Having an accurate quote in front of you will make it easier to ask questions, compare quotes, and address any potential concerns along the way or when the job is complete.
- Project Warranty: A reputable roofer will provide you with detailed, written warranty information. Never do business with a company that will not provide you with their warranty policy. Generally speaking, you can trust those roofing companies that have been in business for a very long time will have strong warranty standards. You can read more here about Dwight’s commitment to standing behind their work.
When you are shopping around for a roofing company, shy away from making a solely price-based decision. High-quality comes with a price, and the last thing you want to worry about is the quality of the roof over your most valuable investment. When selecting a roofing company in Edmonton, follow the above guide, and you will most assuredly be happy with the company you have chosen.
If you have any questions related to choosing a roofing company in Edmonton, please feel free to contact the team at Dwight’s Roofing anytime or call us directly at 780.461.8995!